Super Charge Your Brain & Life with Brendon Burchard (Part 2)
In the second episode of our 3-part series with master high performance trainer and New York Times bestselling author Brendon Burchard, we reveal 2 more of the 10 human drives you need to activate your extraordinary life.
10 Human Drives (Drives 4 – 5)
Drive 4: Caring.
- We are driven as a human species to care and be cared for.
- If we’re born and not cared for, we die.
- We leave relationships and jobs when we don’t feel cared for.
- Caring starts with caring for yourself.
- Most of us don’t care for ourselves.
- We aren’t sleeping or hydrating, and 70% of Americans are overweight.
- If you can’t care for your own physical body, how can you possibly care for your emotional world?
Drive 5: Connection.
- We are driven to connect with others.
- Love is not a human drive.
- Love is a quality of both caring and connection.If you don’t feel loved, there’s not enough caring and connection there. Amplified caring and connection becomes love.
- If you don’t feel loved, there’s not enough caring and connection there. Amplified caring and connection becomes love.
- To create greater connection in your life, practice positive projection.
- Renowned relationship expert John Gottman has found that in the relationships more likely to fail, there is a higher degree of contempt, criticism, condescension, and stonewalling.
- In successful relationships, the relationship of positive to negative things said between them are 5:1.
- You get what you look for in others. So look for greatness.
Liked this episode? Be sure to share it with your friends and tag me (@jimkwik) and Brendon (@brendonburchard)! Don’t forget to subscribe to get Part 3, and listen to Part 1 here.
Want more from Brendon? Discover the 6 habits that will help you succeed in his brand-new book: High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way.