How to Win the Next Six Months
"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction can lead to the biggest leap in your life."
What are the steps to win the next six months?
These last six months have been challenging for many, but one step in another direction can completely change your destination. No matter what challenges you’ve faced, or if you feel stuck, you can always take one more step.
Today, this is a special live podcast where we’re going to talk about the six steps you can take to reset your trajectory and move you forward as you tackle the next six months of your life.
If you want to make small changes with a big impact, this episode is for you.
Remember The 6 A’s
A – Assess
- Start by assessing the last six months.
- This is not a judgement, it’s an internal audit in any area of your life.
- Relationships, mental health, finance, and career are a few examples.
- Look at and assess any area you want to improve.
- Don’t spend too much time on this.
- You don’t want to dwell on the past.
- You’re not looking back to criticize.
- This is to evaluate where you were and where you are.
- Make a quick assessment and rate yourself in each area.
A – Accept
- After you assess, the next step is acceptance.
- This means being accepting of yourself; being content that you are a work in progress.
- Take a moment and make sure that you aren’t comparing yourself to anyone else, only the best version of yourself.
- The other part of acceptance is acknowledging that you can’t change the past.
- Accept what you can’t change and change what you can’t accept.
A – Aspire
- Once you’ve gone back and assessed the past and accepted your current circumstance, the next step is to find your aspirations.
- Ask yourself what you’re seeking to attain or accomplish in the next six months.
- Assessing and accepting is focusing on where you were.
- Now, focus on where you want to go.
- Your brain is organized to be inspired by big thinking.
- Be sure to reach for things that don’t just touch your head, but also touch your heart.
A – Act
- Eckhart Tolle said: “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you have chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.”
- Knowledge is not power; it only has the potential to power.
- Information without application is useless.
- The aim of education is not just having knowledge for knowledge’s sake. It’s action.
- You want to think like a person of action, and act like a person of thought.
- Knowledge x Action = Power
- For every hour you spend learning something, whether it’s listening to a podcast, reading, or studying, spend one hour applying what you just learned.
A – Axe
- You also need to stop doing certain actions.
- This is where you put an axe to bad habits—you cut them.
- Create your not-to-do-list.
- Ask yourself: What are you going to stop doing?
- Look at your current habits and behaviors.
- Which ones held you back? Or will hold you back?
- Make a plan to stop those actions so you can move forward.
A – Add
- You can’t just stop doing something, you have to replace it with a different action.
- Stop one habit and start another.
- If you simply stop doing something, you’ll have a void where that habit was.
- Think about what you are going to replace that bad habit with.
- Maybe instead of binge-watching, you’ll spend that time reading.
- Make it specific.
- Remember: Stop one, start one.
- There are some things you can only learn in a storm.
- The last six months have been challenging. Stay strong.
- Focus on what you can do to control the controllables.
- There is always sunshine behind the clouds, and not every storm comes to disrupt your life.
- You might not see results today, or tomorrow. Some things take time.
- That’s why you constantly assess, to look back and see how far you’ve come.
- Big things have small beginnings.
- There’s a version of yourself you haven’t met yet.
- Keep working hard, showing up, and learning.
- Every moment has two paths: You can step forward into growth and possibility, or you can step back.
- But sometimes the smallest step in the right direction can lead to the biggest leap in your life.
- Little by little, a little becomes a lot, and you’re one step closer every single day.
Share With Us
- Take a screenshot of this episode, tag us on social media (@JimKwik), and share one thing you’re going to focus on to upgrade your learning and your life in the next six months.
- Get your copy of Limitless, here.
Related Kwik Brain Episodes
Episode 29: Goals Done RIGHT with Olympian Dr. Jeff Spencer
Episode 210: Smart & Simple Financial Goals with Nicole Lapin
Episode 213: Steps to Achieving the Impossible with Steven Kotler
Episode 235: How to Master New Skills & Achieve Success with Ron Friedman