Applying the Limitless Steps
"It is not about being perfect, it’s about progressing and advancing beyond what you believe is possible."
Today’s show is all about removing your limitations—and Jim is happy to announce the arrival of his new book,
Is there a gap between where you are and where you want to be? Do you self-sabotage? Do you feel like you lack motivation and wonder why? We all struggle with our limitations—but Jim has waited 28 years to write the book that will help us beat them.
Whether it’s your learning, ability to read, remember, focus, or to achieve any of your goals, if you’re not getting the results you’re looking for, then you’re missing one or more keys in the three “limitless steps”.
If you haven’t already checked out Jim’s first episode on his Limitless Model, you can find it here!
In today’s episode, Jim will take you on a deep dive into his three-part Limitless Model, giving us more detail of each of the 3 “Ms” to help those of you who want to create positive change in your lives. Along the way he will give us simple, usable tips that we can put into practice today!
Visit limitlessbook.com to keep updated on Jim’s book!
THE LIMITLESS BOOK
- You can find Jim’s book here!
- When you pre-order the book, you will receive the gift of Jim’s 10-day Kwik Start program.
- People are in the habit of shrinking their goals and desires to fit their mind. Instead of doing this, try expanding your mind to fit all of the amazing opportunities in your life.
- If there is a gap between where you are and where you would like to be, this is usually due to a limit in one of the 3 limitless areas.
JIM’S LIMITLESS MODEL: THE 3 MS
- Your mindset is made up of your assumptions, attitudes, and beliefs. This can include what you believe you are capable of, what you believe you deserve, and what you believe is possible in your learning and your life.
- Beliefs matter—all behavior is belief-driven.
- 8 LIES: Limited Ideas Entertain. These are the limited ideas you entertain and dedicate energy to, even if the ideas are not true, and the belief systems that are holding you back.
- Self-talk matters. It dictates how your super-computer of a brain works—if you believe something isn’t possible, chances are it won’t be for you.
- If your mindset says “I am not smart enough,” or “I am too old” to do something, your behavior is going to be affected by your limiting beliefs.
- Jim’s book provides a ton of information on the latest science and facts to help you dispel your limiting beliefs and transform your mindset. Reading the book will equip you with positive beliefs to replace your limiting beliefs, and help you get the results you desire.
- If you have the mindset that it’s possible to read a book a week, but don’t have the motivation to do it, how do you increase your motivation?
- Your motivation is your drive, your purpose, and the level of energy you bring to action.
- In his book, Jim outlines a simple formula for motivation. Motivation does not mean you have to be excited about what you do, but it does mean you need a reason for doing it.
- Your reason is your purpose for doing a behavior and is the key to motivation. Having a purpose will help you to generate sustainable motivation.
- Energy is not something you have, it’s something you do.
- Motivation needs to travel from your head to your heart to your hands. If you aren’t doing something with your hands, ask yourself: why do I want to do this behavior? What is my motive for taking action?
- You could try these questions: What are the benefits I get from reading this book? Why do I want to learn this language?
- Along with motivation, you will need enough energy to do the behavior you want to do.
- Clarity gives you energy. In his book, Jim outlines 10 things you can do to clear brain fog, give yourself mental energy and overcome cognitive fatigue.
3. LIMITLESS METHODS
- Once you have unlimited your mindset, and unlimited your motivation, the next key is unlimiting your methods.
- Small, simple steps.
- Inch by inch, it’s a cinch. Yard by yard, it’s too hard.
- Try moving in the smallest possible increments, small enough that you cannot fail.
- Some people do not feel motivated because in their minds, the thing they want to do is too big e.g. write the entire business plan, transform the body entirely.
- Kwik Starts: what’s something you could do in less than 60 seconds to jump-start your project? What’s the smallest action you could take right now?
- Examples: put on your running shoes, read one sentence.
- Zeigarnik effect: if you start something, you’re more likely to remember to finish it to close the loop in your mind.
- If you are using ineffective methods, your mindset and motivation won’t matter.
- This section of Jim’s book is about how to transform your habits, based on knowledge Jim gained from interviewing people on the podcast like James Clear and BJ Fogg.
- Little by little, a little becomes a lot.
ABOUT THE BOOK
- Jim’s hope is that by the time you finish the book, you will have transformed.
- School taught you what to learn and remember, but not what to learn, what to think, and how to remember, so Jim’s book is full of practical ideas on how to learn and remember.
- If you can learn how to learn, everything becomes easier.
- This book is about removing the limitations you have in each of the 3 areas.
- A lot of people are working way too hard for minimal results—Jim’s limitless method is about working smart for better results.
- You can find Jim’s book here! It comes out in April.