3 Steps to Becoming Limitless
"We are all on a journey to be able to realize our fullest potential."
Today’s show is all about removing your limitations—and Jim is happy to announce the arrival of his new book,
Is there a gap between where you are and where you want to be? Do you self-sabotage? Do you feel like you lack motivation and wonder why? We all struggle with our limitations—but Jim has waited 28 years to write the book that will help us beat them.
Whether it’s your learning, ability to read, remember, focus, or to achieve any of your goals, if you’re not getting the results you’re looking for, then you’re missing one or more keys in the three “limitless steps”.
In today’s episode, Jim will take us through his three-part Limitless Model to help those of you who want to create positive change in your lives and take the knowledge and turn it into power. Along the way he will give us simple, usable tips that we can put into practice today!
Visit limitlessbook.com to keep updated on Jim’s book!
THE LIMITLESS BOOK
- You can find Jim’s book here!
- When you pre-order the book, you will receive the gift of Jim’s 10-day Kwik Start program.
- Jim’s book was originally based around methodology—how to give a TED talk, how to remember names—but then he realized knowledge was not power, and that common sense is not common practise.
- Having taught thousands of students around the world, and at top universities and companies, Jim asked himself: why don’t people implement what they know they should implement? Why do we stop ourselves from achieving the things we want to, and why do we procrastinate?
- People are in the habit of shrinking their goals and desires to fit their mind. Instead of doing this, try expanding your mind to fit all of the amazing opportunities in your life.
- If you aren’t achieving what you would like to, this is usually due to a limit in one of the 3 limitless areas, explained below.
JIM’S LIMITLESS MODEL: THE 3 MS
- You might have learned a technique to remember names, but if your mindset says “I am not smart enough,” your behavior is going to be affected by your limiting beliefs, and you will struggle to apply your knowledge.
- Your motivation is your drive, your purpose, and the level of energy you bring to action.
- If you have the mindset that it’s possible to read a book a week, but don’t have the motivation to do it, how do you increase your motivation?
- The aim is to create sustainable motivation, not just a surge of motivation, so it becomes about who you are on a daily basis.
3. LIMITLESS METHODS
- You might believe it’s possible to study something, and feel motivated to do it, but you are using ineffective methods to learn, you will not achieve the results you want.
- Limitless methods are about upgrading your learning on the best methods for learning, reading and thinking to help you achieve your goals.
THE UNLIMITING PROCESS
- This process is about removing the limitations you have in each of the 3 areas.
- Mindset and motivation intersect to create inspiration, and motivation and methods combine to create implementation.
- The 3 Is: ideation, inspiration, and implementation. When all three intersect and combine, you have a limitless state.
- Whenever you realize there’s a gap between where you are and where you want to be, and whenever you are starting to self-sabotage, start retraining yourself. Ask yourself: where is my limit? Is my limit within mindset, motivation or methods?
ABOUT THE BOOK
- The most infinite resource we have on the planet is human potential.
- We are all on a journey to be able to realize our fullest potential.
- A lot of people are working way too hard for minimal results—the limitless method is about working smart for better results.
- The book took Jim so long to write because it is 3 books in one: on how to have a limitless mindset and motivation, and how to learn the methods to upgrade your brain and unlock your exceptional life.
- If you can learn how to learn, everything becomes easier.
- More people upgrade their phones than upgrade their minds.
- You can find Jim’s book here! It comes out in April.