An international leader in industry disruption and founder of groundbreaking companies such as Viome and Moon Express, today’s guest Naveen Jain has built his career on big ideas and industry disruption, applying his experience in exponential thinking to a variety of industries.
Naveen has been on the show twice before—if you haven’t already listened to earlier episodes, you can check them out here:
- Episode 59: Exponential Thinking with Naveen Jain
- Episode 69: Activating Your Second Brain with Naveen Jain
In this conversation, we talk about the connection between disease and inflammation, and a new definition of disease. We talk about Naveen’s big vision for healthcare and explain the science between a test developed by Naveen’s company that can help you to optimize your health.
DISEASE AND INFLAMMATION
- People have chronic symptoms that get classified as diseases: depression, anxiety
- Research shows many of these diseases have been associated with chronic inflammation that comes from the gut
- Important to learn which foods that are right for you: food can be healthy for one person but a toxin for someone else
- When people reduce inflammation‚ symptoms go away—energy increases, no brain fog, skin clears up
- The things we call diseases are the body showing us it is not at ease
- Special offer for listeners: jimkwik.com/viome
- Ignorance is pain: when you don’t know what’s harming you
- Integrated app—takes away decision fatigue because you can have a list on your phone
- Able to do more things for others when you’re feeling better
- Learning what foods are best for you takes the confusion out of all the conflicting nutrition advice out there
- Naveen’s vision: in the next 3-5 years we can make illness optional and create a world where chronic diseases are a matter of choice
SCIENCE BEHIND VIOME
- Immunotherapy working for cancer depends on your gut microbiome
- Research is consistently showing gut microbiome connected to many diseases: Parkinsons, depression
- 99% of what makes us human is our gut microbiome, we have 40 trillion other organisms working with us in a symbiotic relationship
- When we don’t take care of those microorganisms they will get us sick
- Everyone focused on what organisms are there: not what they were actually doing
- Question is not is the organism good or bad, it’s about is this ecosystem good or bad?
- Instead of DNA testing (what the organism are), Viome has been using RNA sequencing to find out if they are producing toxins (what the organisms are doing)
- Knowledge is not power, it’s only potential power: take the test and try applying the knowledge
- Learn more about Naveen’s company Viome and assess your own microbiome
Please note, this episode is educational only and not intended to diagnose or treat medical conditions. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.