Welcome to Kwik Brain Challenge #5!
In this episode, I’ll be explaining how this challenge will help you to protect your gray matter.
The Kwik Challenge is for people who want to create positive change in their lives—to take the knowledge and turn it into power. Change doesn’t have to be difficult. All habit change starts with simple tiny steps, and before you know it you’ll be heading toward a new destination—the little things will add up to something much bigger!
Your fifth challenge is simple—eat brain food each day!
Eat brain food!
- It’s simple—each day, incorporate one simple brain food into your day.
- Episode 88: Eating for Your Brain with Dr. Lisa Mosconi
- Episode 66: When To Eat For Optimal Brain Function with Max Lugavere
- Episode 5: My 10 Favorite Brain Foods
BUILDING A BRAIN FOOD HABIT
- Make it convenient: in order to create a new habit you have to make it really easy
- It’s not about trying harder, sometimes it’s about trying easier
- Control your environment: instead of having snacks that are bad for you in your environment, replace them with simple brain foods
- Carry snacks with you to work and school
- When thinking about your brain food habits remember that consistency compounds: the little things add up over time
- Remember: what you eat matters to your gray matter!
BEST BRAIN FOODS
- Avocados and broccoli are great for your brain
- Blueberries and blackberries: neuroprotective antioxidants
- Walnuts: omega 3s, high in Vitamin E
- Certain foods look like the organ they’re supporting—you can use this as a memory device e.g. tomato looks like a heart when you slice it
SHARE WITH US!
Take a photo of your favorite brain food, or take a screenshot of this episode, and post it to social media to share your progress with us!
Use the hashtag #kwikchallenge and tag us on social media: @jimkwik | @kwikbrain
- Keep trying this challenge each day—it will train your ability to create new habits!
- This is essential to building a different life—first your create your habits and then your habits create you!
- If you’re able to create one new habit, what else will you be able to do? Possibilities will open up because you’ll be in the habit of creating empowering habits.
- Remember: the treasure you seek is found in the task you’re avoiding!
- Big change come from little changes: consistency compounds—it might feel like a gradual shift, but you’ll soon find yourself in a different destination (we call it a destiny).
- Don’t forget to go to kwikchallenge.com and join us!
OTHER KWIK EPISODES ON FOOD
- 62: What To Eat For Your Brain with Dr. Mark Hyman
- 16: My Morning Routine (How to Jumpstart Your Brain)