The Kwik Challenge is for people who want to create positive change in their lives—to take knowledge and turn it into power. Change doesn’t have to be difficult. All habit change starts with simple tiny steps, and before you know it you’ll be heading toward a new destination—the little things will add up to something much bigger!
Your third challenge is simple—make your bed!
In this episode, I’ll be explaining how today’s challenge will help you to build a happier brain and a brighter life. If you haven’t already signed up to the Kwik Challenge, join us! #kwikchallenge
Make your bed!
- It’s really that simple—take 1-2 minutes each morning to make your bed, no excuses!
WHY MAKE YOUR BED?
- How you do anything is how you do everything
- Your life is really a reflection of the cumulative habits that you have
- Remember: first you create your habits and then your habits will create you back—you might be meditating, journaling, working out, eating well and all of a sudden that will create your life back
- One of the most important habits to get good at is creating new habits—people want to create a new result in their life, but insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting life to change
- Little things mean a lot! Making your bed only takes 1-2 minutes, but make it with excellence, because how you do that is how you’re going to do everything else throughout your day
- Success breeds success—this is called the science of momentum. If you accomplish something and have a big win first thing in the morning, you can build on that
- Your external world is a reflection of your internal world
- On the Kwik Brain podcast, we talk about the 10 Keys to Unlock Optimal Brain Health
- It’s also important to have a clean and tidy external environment: when your environment is clean you have less stress and more clarity of thought
- If you make your bed you train yourself to have control over your environment each day
- You create your environment and your environment will influence you in return
- It bookends your day with success
- If you make your bed each day with excellence, you can come home to a freshly made bed which will feel good
- When you finish your day you can come back to success and know you created that momentum—it serves a reminder of the success you created in the morning with the power of habit
- By making your bed you can start and finish every single day with success!
Check out these Kwik Brain episodes mentioned in today’s challenge to learn more about building healthy habits and improving your productivity!
- My Morning Routine (How To Jumpstart Your Brain & Day)
- Understanding Habit Triggers with James Clear
- Breaking Bad Habits That Hold You Back with BJ Fogg
- How To Create New Habits Fast with Dr. Fogg
- Fast Focus & Productivity with Julia Roy
- 10 Keys to Unlock Optimal Brain Health
SHARE WITH US!
Take a photo of your freshly made bed, or take a screenshot of this episode, and post it to social media to share your progress with us!
Use the hashtag #kwikchallenge and tag us on social media: @jimkwik | @kwikbrain
- Keep trying this challenge each morning—it will train your ability to create new habits!
- This is essential to building a different life—first your create your habits and then your habits create you!
- If you’re able to create one new habit, what else will you be able to do? Possibilities will open up because you’ll be in the habit of creating empowering habits.
- Remember: the treasure you seek is found in the task you’re avoiding!
- Big change come from little changes: consistency compounds—it might feel like a gradual shift, but you’ll soon find yourself in a different destination (we call it a destiny).
- Don’t forget to go to kwikchallenge.com and join us!