The second challenge is simple—to take a shower. But change doesn’t come without challenge, so we’ll be asking you to do it a little differently: by taking a cold shower!
If you haven’t listened to my episode with Wim Hof, check it out here!
In today’s podcast, I’ll be explaining how today’s challenge will help you to build a happier brain and a brighter life. If you haven’t already signed up to the Kwik Challenge, join us! #kwikchallenge
Take a cold shower!
- Every pro was once an amateur: start off with small steps by alternating between cold and hot water in 10-second intervals
- Build up to a full-length cold shower over time
WHY DO THE CHALLENGE?
- Let cold be your teacher!
- Episode mentioned: Episode 86: Conquer Your Mind with Wim Hof
- Episode mentioned: Episode 16: My Morning Routine (How To Jumpstart Your Brain & Day)
WHY TAKE A COLD SHOWER?
- It will lower inflammation
- Cold reduces inflammation in the body e.g. you put ice on your knee after an injury
- You can try turmeric tea to lower inflammation too!
- For more information about how cold affects inflammation listen to my episode with Wim Hof
- It serves as a nervous system reset
- Can be more effective than coffee in helping you to feel brand new—feel refreshed and reset your nervous system!
- It will train you to do difficult things!
- Doing this challenge trains you to do little difficult things, and will help train you to build grit and do the difficult work you need to do
- With challenge comes real change: the treasure you seek is found in the work you’re avoiding
- Each time you overcome a struggle you gain strength
- By doing this each morning you’re practicing doing something uncomfortable
- It’s easy to just do the easy things in life like procrastinating and putting things off, but this will make life hard—when you do the hard things, life gets easier
- When you train yourself to do difficult things first thing in the morning, it will show up in other areas of your life, and you will benefit from having an easier life
SHARE WITH US!
Take a screenshot of this episode, post it to social media, and share your progress with us!
Use the hashtag #kwikchallenge and tag us on social media: @jimkwik | @kwikbrain
- Keep trying this challenge each morning—it will train your ability to create new habits!
- This is essential to building a different life—first your create your habits and then your habits create you!
- If you’re able to create one new habit, what else will you be able to do? Possibilities will open up because you’ll be in the habit of creating empowering habits.
- Remember: the treasure you seek is found in the task you’re avoiding!
- Big change come from little changes: consistency compounds—it might feel like a gradual shift, but you’ll soon find yourself in a different destination (we call it a destiny).
- Don’t forget to go to kwikchallenge.com and join us!